Log4J is a logging library that helps us create log statements that are way more powerful than System.out.println("...").
- Log4J messages can be formatted with a timestamp, source, and many other things.
- The Log4J system is initialzed using a property file, which determines the destination, and formatting of the log messages.
- Log messages can be selectively turned on/off by modifying the property file.
Here is Log4J's documentation page. It has a very good introduction and a wiki.
Discuss this post in the learning forum.
Note: This text was originally posted on my earlier blog at http://www.adaptivelearningonline.net
- Buy programming books from our Amazon.com powered storefront.
- Earn as you browse. Sign up for Algoco.